September Welcome Letter:
Dear Plympton Families,
On behalf of the Plympton School Staff we would like to welcome everyone back to school. We hope you enjoyed a relaxing summer and are ready for a new and exciting school year. Plympton had a busy, but successful opening day thanks to staff, students and parents/guardians. Mr. Audette and I had the opportunity to visit all classrooms to meet and greet students.
Hopefully you will find this letter helpful as we all settle into the school routine.
Lots of important information will be sent home during the next few days, please review and return as required:
- ER Sheets-Please verify/update information and return as soon as possible.
- Waltham Public School Calendar, Elementary School Handbook, Monthly Lunch Menu with important school dates printed on reverse, Health Forms, Space Utilization surveys
Website: Please feel free to visit Waltham Public Schools website (links to Plympton School), Plympton’s website (links to PTO). Information and dates will be updated monthly.
District website: http://www.walthampublicschools.org Plympton website: https://www.walthampublicschools.org/plympton/index.cfm
E-mail: Mrs. Brophy will be updating our database as e-mails will be sent using the new portals this year
Cafeteria: Breakfast and lunch are available to students daily-breakfast begins at 8:25
Breakfast $1.00 Lunch is $2.00 Milk .35
Please see our cafeteria manager if you are interested in creating an account for your child. If your child brings money to school for breakfast, lunch or milk, please have it in a sealed envelope with child’s name.
Contact #'s: School Office-781-314-5760
Absences: Please call the school to inform us your child is absent-the number to call is 781-314-5770
Tardy: Students proceed to their classrooms at 8:35 am and classes begin at 8:42 am. Students arriving after this time are considered
tardy and must sign in at the office
Arrival/Departure: Please see attached information
- Please send a note to school if there is a change in the usual dismissal route for your child. If there is anEMERGENCY that requires a change during the day, please call the office and your child’s teacher will be notified.
- All visitors, volunteers/parents/guardians are required to sign in at the office and receive a Visitor Badge
- Fingerprinting is a new requirement for parents/guardians intending to chaperone a field trip-information is available on our website
- CORI- volunteers, chaperones must have a CORI approval. CORI approvals are valid for 3 years and forms can be completed in the office. If you are not sure you have a valid CORI, see Mrs. Brophy in the office and she will check.
- September 13th - Open House 6:30pm. Hope to see you then!
We look forward to working with your children and you to make this a successful and rewarding school year. Please contact the administration regarding questions, thoughts or concerns you may have. It is important that Plympton staff and families work together to educate our children.
Mrs. Taddeo & Mr. Audette