Check back during the week of August 21st for School Year 17/18 bus routes
Waltham Public Schools Bus Routes
How will my student get to and from school?
Per School Committee policy, school bus transportation will be provided for students as follows:
- Grades K - 8: Students living more than one and one-half miles from school.
- Grades 9 - 12: Students living more than two miles from school.
School Year 16/17 Bus Routes can be accessed via the links on the right side of this page. Please check carefully, as some previously assigned stops have been moved or eliminated.
If a student’s home to school distance falls below these limits, the student will be identified as a ‘walker’. The safety of our walking students is a top priority; therefore crossing guards are located in areas determined by the Waltham Police Department in conjunction with the School Safety Officer and school principals. In order to ensure the safety of our walking students, crossing guards are assigned at the locations designated. See link to the right, "Supervisor Post Assignments," for details.
If you have any questions, please contact your school principal or the Transportation Office:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 781-314-5422.
School Bus Disciplinary Code
The School Department needs the cooperation of both student and parent/guardian to insure proper behavior and safety while riding school busses. Only on rare occasions has it been necessary to deny bus privileges to students for improper behavior. For your information, the policy for behavior on school busses is listed below.
Reports of misconduct while waiting for or leaving the bus will be investigated by the school principal or his/her designee. Poor conduct on school busses will result in notification from the bus company to the principal. Upon receipt of a written or verbal complaint from the bus company, the principal (or designee) will utilize this procedure:
- First Offense: A letter shall be sent to the parents, from the principal of the school the student attends, advising the parent of the misbehavior.
- Second Offense: Bus privileges may be revoked for a two-week period and parents shall be so notified by the principal of the school the student attends.
- Third Offense: Transportation privileges may be taken away from the student for the remainder of the school year and the parents shall be so notified by the principal of the school the student attends.
Question? Contact the