Kindergarten Registration for the 2021-2022 School Year
Additional details and updates will be posted by January 15th. Please check back!
The traditional Kindergarten Registration Nights will not be held for the 2021-22 school year.
Parent/Guardian(s) are strongly encouraged to use the Online Registration Form.
Paper Registration Forms can be printed from this webpage or can be mailed home upon request.
Please read the following information carefully and when you're ready, just click the blue bar above to get started!
A valid email address will be required to create your user account and to access our Online Registration Form.
Once logged in, you must select the following options to continue:
- School: Waltham Public Schools
- Program: Registration
- School Year: 2021-22
- Grade Level: KF
NOTE: Families submitting an Online K-Registration will receive a confirmation email with the following attachments: Health Services Forms (Spanish Version) and School Records Request (Spanish Version). These forms must be completed and returned as soon as possible.
All student registrations are being accepted via the Online Registration Form, EMAIL, FAX and/or DROP-OFF only.
Please complete forms in their entirety and submit them along with ALL required documentation, to the Parent Information Center:
- Please be sure to include your child's full name on all submitted documents or in the body or your email.
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- Subject: K-Registration Documents
- FAX: 781-314-5789
- Attention: K-Registration Documents
- DROP-OFF: Reception Desk at 617 Lexington St, Waltham MA
- In an envelope addressed to: PIC K-Registration Documents
- After school hours: A secure drop-box for registration forms & documents is located in front of the main entrance
- If you have any difficulty completing or submitting your child's registration, please contact our office for assistance.
- 781-314-5524 / 781-314-5672 (English)
- 781-314-5668 / 781-314-5717 (Spanish)
Each year the Parent Information Center gathers demographic information for age eligible children from both the city census and several area preschools. Information on Kindergarten Registration is then sent to those families, our elementary families, other community organizations and also posted on our website.
The communication for our 2021-22 Kindergarten Registration will be mailed out to families beginning during the first full week of January 2021.
An additional notice will be sent home to Waltham families with students currently enrolled in grades K-8.
If you do not receive a notice from our office, you are encouraged to contact us to confirm that your child is on our list of expected Kindergarten Students.
Children whose parent/legal guardian(s) are living in Waltham may enroll in Kindergarten with the Waltham Public Schools if they have reached 5 years of age on or before September 1 of the new school year.
ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE PRESENTED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION
Copies of the following documents may be either uploaded to the Online Registration Form or submitted to PIC via EMAIL, FAX or DROP-OFF.
Please do not send originals.
- Proof of Birth for the child
- Birth certificate -OR-
- Proof of Guardianship / Photo ID
- Government Issued ID
- Drivers License
- State ID
- Custody forms - if applicable
- Proof of Residency
- Hepatitis B - 3 doses
- DTP - 5 doses
- Polio - 4 doses
- MMR - 2 doses
- Varicella (chicken pox) - 2 doses or record of natural disease documented by a physician
- Influenza - 1 dose; received annually by December 31st of each school year
3. Lead Test (date and results, including the number)
4. Vision Screening including Stereopsis Exam (date and results)
IMPORTANT: your child will not be cleared for school enrollment until their immunization records have been reviewed for compliance by a school nurse and lead test results have been received.
Dual Language School - Community Information Meetings:
These meetings typically occur in January of each year and are open to ALL incoming Kindergarten Families. They serve to provide you a chance to learn all about Waltham's Dual Language School and how to sign your child up for the Dual Language Lottery! We encourage you to attend as many as you like!
The meetings in 2021 will be held (TBD)
More information about the Dual Language School can be found here.
The date & time of the lottery to select families for the 2021-22 Dual Language School is:
- Thursday, May 6, 2021
To participate in the lottery, parents must have:
1. Registered your child for Kindergarten before the date of the lottery
2. Submitted ALL required documents.
3. Notified a PIC staff member or indicated on your child's Online Registration Form that you want to participate in the lottery.
2021-22 Kindergarten Visitation Dates:
FitzGerald Elementary: TBD - June 2021
MacArthur Elementary: TBD - June 2021
Northeast Elementary: TBD - June 2021
Plympton Elementary: TBD - June 2021
Stanley Elementary: TBD - June 2021
Whittemore Elementary: TBD - June 2021
Dual Language School: TBD - June 2021
Individual schools may decide to hold online meetings for families to attend or post a video tour of their school during the month of June. We will provide this information as soon as it becomes available. Please check back often for any updates!
Appointments for the DIAL-4 Kindergarten Screenings for all incoming K-students, and if applicable, the WIDA MODEL English Language Assessments will be scheduled and provided to parents just prior your child's K-Visitation Day. These screenings will take place at each elementary school during the week prior to the start of school for Kindergarten students.
2021-22 Kindergarten Screening dates: TBD - August/September 2021
The first day of school for Kindergarten students is scheduled for Wednesday, September 8, 2021
Students that have not been medically cleared before the first day of school, may not attend until documentation of all missing medical requirements have been received and cleared by a school nurse.
Monday-Friday: 8:00 am-4:00 pm
School Vacation Weeks: 9:00 am-4:00 pm