New! Registration Information
In-person student registration is available by appointment only with the parent or legal guardian of the student. Please contact us by phone 781-314-5524 (English) 781-314-5668 (Español) or by submitting our contact form as soon as you have all the required documents for student registration. You may also request a phone, or video appointment. If you are unable to keep your scheduled time, or arrive late to an appointment, you will need to contact our office to reschedule.
If you are having difficulty with our registration forms or do not have technology available to you at home, the Waltham Public Library offers free computer access to library card holders.
We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to assisting you!
Aspen Online Student Registration Form
You can register your child for Waltham Public Schools using the Aspen Online Registration Form.
IMPORTANT: If you have a child already enrolled in the Waltham Public Schools in grades Preschool - 12 and receive an error message while trying to set up your ASPEN account, try using a different browser. If you are still unable to access the online form, please contact the Parent Information Center for assistance.
Online registration is a process that involves a few steps starting with your valid email account. Click to view the information.
- >OPEN Required Documents for Student Registration will provide information you should have prior to starting the form. The failure to provide the required documents will result in a delay in enrolling your child.
- Parent ID
- Proof of Birth
- Proof of Residency
- Health/Medical Information
- Education Information
- >OPEN Aspen Portal Account Set Up / School Year 2022 Online Registration Form
- Instructional guide to show you how to create an Aspen account for NEW students enrolling in grades Preschool - 12 and in navigating the Dashboard and the Online Registration Form.
- If you have a child already enrolled in the Waltham Public Schools in grades Preschool - 12 and receive an error message while trying to set up your Aspen account, try using a different browser. If you are still having difficulty, please contact the Parent Information Center for further assistance.
If you are unable to provide these documents, please contact our office to determine suitable alternatives. Translated documents must be submitted if the original version is not in English.
- Proof of Birth for the child (birth certificate or passport: must be an original or a certified copy)
- Proof of Guardianship/ Photo ID (state driver's license, state ID, passport, and/or custody forms)
- Proof of Residency (Waltham quarterly tax bill, current signed lease agreement or Residency Affidavit Form [Spanish] [Portuguese] [Haitian Creole] are the only documents accepted)
- Immunization Records, see Mass Immunization Requirements for the current school year
- Physical Examination (dated within 12 months to the start of school)
- Transcripts or Academic Records (Gr. 6-12)
- Disciplinary Reports or 37L (Gr. 9-12)
- Current, signed IEP (Special Education Individualized Education Program)
- English Language Assessment (Administered within the last 12 months)
- A TB Test & Reading will be required for students arriving from outside the USA, coming from an area identified to have a high risk of TB exposure. See: TB Test Guidelines
Register a New Student using the Aspen Online Registration Form
If your child is new to the Waltham Public Schools, or is not enrolled in one of the district schools (i.e. is homeschooled, attends private school), then you will register your child using the Aspen Online Registration Form following the steps below:
Request an Aspen Family Portal Account at this link: https://ma-waltham.myfollett.com/aspen/ and click Request an Account to open the Account Type window, select the account type and then Next Step.
In the Create your Aspen Family Account window and enter your first name, last name, address, and phone number. Select Next Step to open the Account Information window and enter your email address and password. Select Create My Account and you will see a Confirmation window. If not, please review and reenter the email or password information you entered incorrectly.
Check the email you provided for a message with your new account information and click on the link in the message to validate your email and you will see an Email Validation window with a verification message.
Go to https://ma-waltham.myfollett.com/aspen/ and enter the email and password you used to request the Aspen account and click the Log On button to log into your new account.
Your Aspen dashboard will open in the Family View and in the Chose My Language widget box click on the box and select English or Spanish from the drop box. Navigate to the New Student Registration widget where you will select the +Initiate button to select and access the Online Registration Form.
Fill out each section and Submit when you are finished. You can save the form and return at any time to complete.
What do I need for Proof of Residency?
Any parent or guardian registering a student for the Waltham Public School, or having a change of address, must satisfy Waltham Public Schools Residency Requirements by providing one document in his/her own name from the Proof of Residency column in the Residency Requirements table below. Additionally, families of enrolled students who change residency at any time must report this change immediately to the Principal of each school in which their children are enrolled.
The residency requirement policy does not apply to students who come under the McKinney-Vento Act as they are enrolled immediately.
|PROOF OF RESIDENCY||
PROOF OF OCCUPANCY
PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION
ONE of the following
TWO of the following dated
ONE valid photo identification
NOT the mailing address.
Any parent or guardian who cannot produce a residency requirement in his/her own name from the Proof of Residency section above must complete the Waltham Residency Affidavit Form [Spanish] [Portuguese] [Haitian Creole] along with the Owner, Lessee or Landlord of the property using the following guidelines:
- Parent or Guardian Completes SECTION I.
- The Owner, Lessee or Landlord of the property where the applicant lives completes SECTION II.
- The TWO separate notary sections are BOTH to be filled out and signed by a notary public, and both parties may have the form signed and notarized at different times.
- The completed and notarized form is submitted to the PIC office for new registrations, and the school for address changes, along with TWO items from the Proof of Occupancy and are the only documents accepted.
- All Waltham Residency Affidavits submitted will be provided to the District’s Attendance Officer for further investigation.
McKinney Vento Homeless Assistance
Individuals who are eligible to receive services under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance program include children and youth who:
Do not have a permanent home
- Live in motels, hotels, trailer parks or camping grounds
- Live in State Care or Custody
- Live in cars, parks, public places, abandoned buildings, substandard buildings, or similar settings
- Share housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardships, or a similar reason
- Are considered an unaccompanied youth (youth not in physical custody of a parent or guardian)
The Waltham Public Schools will immediately enroll homeless students, even if he/she/they/them is unable to produce records usually required for enrollment, such as previous academic records, medical records, or proof of residency. To register your child or children, please contact the Parent Information Center or call our office to speak with an Student Intake and Registration Specialist:
- 781-314-5524 / 781-314-5672 (English)
- 781-314-5668 / 781-314-5717 (Spanish)
Please contact the Waltham Public School's McKinney-Vento Liaison to discuss your rights and protections under this federal program.
Additional information regarding the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Program may be found on the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education website.
Integrated Preschool Program
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am-4:00 pm
School Vacation Weeks: 9:00 am-4:00 pm
Before/After School Programs
The YMCA offers before and after school care for elementary students, on site at the Dual Language, FitzGerald, MacArthur, Northeast, Stanley and Whittemore Elementary Schools.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Champions offers before and after school care for elementary students on site at the Plympton Elementary School.