Due to COVID-19 protocols, student registrations are done by filling out the New Student Registration Form (English, Español) and submitting the completed form along with copies of all required documents (see below) by email, US mail, or placed in the secure drop box located outside the entrance of the Waltham High School, 617 Lexington Street.
If you are having difficulty with our registration forms or do not have technology available to you at home, you are welcome to use or borrow computers located at the Waltham Public Library. The link provided takes you to the page that includes hours of operation and other services available to the public including copiers and printers.
In-person student registration is available by appointment only with the parent or legal guardian of the student. Please contact us by phone 781-314-5524 (English) 781-314-5668 (Español) or by submitting our contact form as soon as you are able to provide proof of your Waltham residency and occupancy. You may also request a phone, or video appointment. We are currently limiting visitors to 2 adults for each in-person appointment. When arriving, the Waltham Public Schools Health Attestation for Visitors form must be filled out by each person. If you are unable to keep your scheduled time, or arrive late to an appointment, you will need to contact our office to reschedule.
Our registration process will change once the on-line registration form is available through Aspen, our new Student Information System.
We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to assisting you!
- Proof of Birth for the child (birth certificate or passport: must be an original or a certified copy)
- Proof of Guardianship/ Photo ID (state driver's license, state ID, passport, and/or custody forms)
- Proof of Residency (Waltham quarterly tax bill, current signed lease agreement or residency affidavit form [Spanish] are the only documents accepted)
- Immunization Records, see Mass Immunization Requirements for the current school year
- Physical Examination (dated within 12 months to the start of school)
- Transcripts or Academic Records (Gr. 6-12)
- Disciplinary Reports or 37L (Gr. 9-12)
- Current, signed I.E.P. (Special Education Individualized Education Program)
- English Language Assessment (Administered within the last 12 months)
- A TB Test & Reading will be required for students arriving from outside the USA, coming from an area identified to have a high risk of TB exposure. See: TB Test Guidelines
McKinney Vento Homeless Assistance
Individuals who are eligible to receive services under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance program include children and youth who:
Do not have a permanent home
- Live in motels, hotels, trailer parks or camping grounds
- Live in State Care or Custody
- Live in cars, parks, public places, abandoned buildings, substandard buildings, or similar settings
- Share housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardships, or a similar reason
- Are considered an unaccompanied youth (youth not in physical custody of a parent or guardian)
The Waltham Public Schools will immediately enroll homeless students, even if he/she/they/them is unable to produce records usually required for enrollment, such as previous academic records, medical records, or proof of residency. To register your child or children, please contact the Parent Information Center or call our office to speak with an Student Intake and Registration Specialist:
- 781-314-5524 / 781-314-5672 (English)
- 781-314-5668 / 781-314-5717 (Spanish)
Please contact the Waltham Public School's McKinney-Vento Liaison to discuss your rights and protections under this federal program.
Additional information regarding the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Program may be found on the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education website.
Integrated Preschool Program
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am-4:00 pm
School Vacation Weeks: 9:00 am-4:00 pm
Before/After School Programs
The YMCA offers before and after school care for elementary students, on site at the Dual Language, FitzGerald, MacArthur, Northeast, Stanley and Whittemore Elementary Schools.
Email email@example.com for more information.
Champions offers before and after school care for elementary students on site at the Plympton Elementary School.