Join the WPS Team!
Waltham Public Schools offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package in a collegial and supportive environment. The District offers ongoing professional development opportunities and maintains strong partnerships with Brandeis, Bentley and Boston Universities, along with Boston College, Lesley and Harvard Universities. Educators employed by Waltham Public Schools are required to hold a valid MA DESE license in the appropriate field.
View our listings below or on Applitrack.
Daily Substitutes work as needed from 1 - 5 days per week for approximately 7 hours per day.
Substitute Teacher is $90.00.
Substitute Paraprofessional is $60.00.
Substitute Nurses $115.00
All returning and new substitutes must be fingerprinted in order to remain on the active substitute list. You will not be activated until the results have been received by the superintendents office.
All applicants must:
Complete an I-9 Eligibility form. This form requires two forms of identification. Acceptable documents may include, but are not restricted to:
a copy of your license and birth certificate OR
a copy of your license and social security card OR
a copy of your passport
- Successfully pass a Criminal Offender Record Information Check (CORI).
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation.
- If applying for a Substitute Teachers position you must have completed a minimum of two (2) years of college. Submission of college transcripts is required.
- After submitting all applications components, you will be required to interview with a Waltham Public Schools administrator.
Complete the necessary forms and submit in person to the Waltham Public School Department Payroll Office
Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Substitute Teacher Application
- Substitute Nurse Application
- Substitute Paraprofessional Application
- Substitute Clerical Application
- Substitute General Information
- I-9 Eligibility Form
- M-4 Massachusetts Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
- Federal W-4 Withholding Certificate
- OBRA (MA Deferred Compensation SMART Plan) Enrollment Form
Substitute Services, Waltham Public Schools
617 Lexington Street
Waltham, MA 02452
email@example.com / 781-314-5535
The State fingerprinting law expands on what we as public schools already do with Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) checks. Specifically, it requires a fingerprint-based state and national criminal record check for all school employees. The State Applicant Fingerprint Identification System (SAFIS) Morpho Trust USA IdentoGo has been created for this purpose. There are several locations throughout the state. See here for more information:
Internal Candidates may e-mail documents to firstname.lastname@example.org