Internet Access After School Hours
Waltham High School Library has after school hours for students, Monday-Thursday, from 2:00-3:15.
Families who qualify as eligible for free or reduced lunch can purchase monthly Internet access for $9.95 + taxes (a month). In addition the same families can purchase a low-cost computer for $149.95 + taxes. Contact the Parent Information Center.
Children 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult and supervised during their visit. Parents or legal guardians must assume responsibility for deciding which Internet resources are appropriate for their own children. Parents or legal guardians should guide their children in use of the Internet and inform them about materials they should not use. While the Internet Center affirms and acknowledges the rights and responsibilities of parents and guardians to monitor and determine their children's access to Internet materials and resources, the Center has taken certain measures designed to assist in the safe and effective use of these resources by all minors.
The following guidelines should be employed to insure the safety and security of minors when using the Internet's vast communication mediums:
• Never give out identifying information such as home address, school name, or telephone number.
• Let parents or guardians decide whether personal information such as age, marital status, or financial information should be revealed.
• Never arrange a face-to-face meeting with someone via the computer without parents' or guardians' approval. • Never respond to messages that are suggestive, obscene, threatening, or make one uncomfortable.
• Have parents or guardians report an incident to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678 if one becomes aware of the transmission of child pornography.
• Remember that people online may not be who they say they are.
• Remember that everything one reads may not be true.