McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Program
"All homeless children must have full and equal opportunity to succeed in schools and receive educational services"
Individuals who are eligible to receive services under this program include children and youth who:
Do not have a permanent home
- Live in motels, hotels, trailer parks or camping grounds
- Live in State Care of Custody
- Live in cars, parks, public places, abandoned buildings, substandard buildings, or similar settings
- Share housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardships, or a similar reason
- Are considered an unaccompanied youth (youth not in physical custody of a parent or guardian)
If you meet any of these eligibility requirements please contact the Waltham Public School's McKinney-Vento Liaison to discuss your rights and protections under this federal program.
Additional information regarding the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Program may be found on the MASSACHUSETTS DEPARTMENT OF ELEMENTARY & SECONDARY EDUCATION web site. This data is available at: http://www.doe.mass.edu/mv/