McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Program
"All homeless children must have full and equal opportunity to succeed in schools and receive educational services"
McKinney-Vento Liaison: Faith Harvey
Individuals who are eligible to receive services under this program include children and youth who:
Do not have a permanent home
- Live in motels, hotels, trailer parks or camping grounds
- Live in State Care of Custody
- Live in cars, parks, public places, abandoned buildings, substandard buildings, or similar settings
- Share housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardships, or a similar reason
- Are considered an unaccompanied youth (youth not in physical custody of a parent or guardian)
If you meet any of these eligibility requirements please contact the Waltham Public School's McKinney-Vento Liaison to discuss your rights and protections under this federal program.
Additional information regarding the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Program may be found on the MASSACHUSETTS DEPARTMENT OF ELEMENTARY & SECONDARY EDUCATION web site. This data is available at: http://www.doe.mass.edu/mv/